Life happens when you least expect it. Whether it be a medical crisis, divorce, or the loss of a job – you may find yourself facing a financial crisis you feel you can’t escape. The stress caused by enormous unexpected financial burdens can affect your health, your job performance, and even your relationships with friends and family. The endless collection calls, foreclosure threats, and credit problems can wear you down over time. But you don’t have to face it alone. Norwich bankruptcy lawyer Kevin Wickless is here to help you.
Bankruptcy can be a scary word, but it might be the best option for you. Kevin Wickless Law, LLC provides reliable bankruptcy guidance for individuals and business owners in Norwich, Connecticut, and the surrounding areas.
The First Question I ask clients when they come in for a (free 20 min) bankruptcy consultation is “Do you have a budget?”
There are many hardship scenarios that will cause someone to consider the need to file for bankruptcy: Illness, Job loss, Divorce, can no longer afford the cost of the house; and loss of income temporary or permanent.
However, when determining whether filing bankruptcy is right for you, the most important question that needs to be answered is “ If I file bankruptcy will it make a difference once it has been discharged.
This is what is called the fresh start. The first thing individuals need to do post-bankruptcy is to construct a realistic and rigorous budget to determine what is affordable and what is not.
Kevin Wickless Law provides the following services in Bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: discharging consumer debt. This is also called “simple bankruptcy.”
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Includes a structured payment plan over 3-5 years.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: Used by large organizations to reorganize their debts and continue operating.
- Chapter 12 Bankruptcy: Used by farmers or commercial fishermen to reorganize their debts and continue operating.
- Creditor and Debtor Representation (Chapters 7 and 13)
- Creditor Representation (Chapters 11 and 12)
- Foreclosure defense mediation
If you are looking for legal advice in Norwich, please call Attorney Wickless today at 860-889-8804 to schedule an appointment. Evening and weekend appointments are available. Kevin Wickless is a Norwich Bankruptcy Lawyer who’s here to help you today!
We look forward to helping you get your life back.